Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa
The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa (HSF) was established in 1980, and is a non-governmental organisation. The HSF plays a leading role in the fight against preventable heart disease and stroke, with the aim of seeing fewer South Africans suffer premature deaths and disabilities. A future where fewer South Africans are affected by cardiovascular disease, and to encourage prevention at all levels, empower South Africans to adopt healthy lifestyles and make healthy choices easier.
Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa seeks to appoint a Marketing and Communications Officer, based in Cape Town.
The Marketing and Communications Officer, a key member of the management team, will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the organisation’s communications and marketing strategy. This role will cover all aspects of branding, advertising, marketing, PR and communications.
- Marketing and brand management;
- Stakeholder engagement and management;
- Manage, create and design communications material;
- Coordinate and implement communications plans for campaigns;
- Event management;
- Manage the PR and press office function of the organisation;
- Manage social media;
- Write newsletters, press releases and presentations;
- Manage company websites and communications databases;
- Develop strong relationships with journalists and other information sources.
- Minimum of five years documented work experience within the marketing and communications area;
- Writing skills in English, other languages are an advantage;
- Computer literacy;
- Inter-personal, negotiating and verbal communication skills;
- Proactive and decisive with attention to detail;
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
To apply, sumbit a CV and a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Heart and Stroke Foundation, refer to www.heartfoundation.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.