Health Systems Trust
Health Systems Trust (HST) is a nonprofit organisation that supports the development of an equitable and comprehensive health system for the provision of quality health care in South and Southern Africa.
HST seeks to appoint a Project Manager for the Rationalisation of Registers National Health Insurance, based in KwaZulu-Natal.
The Project Manager will coordinate project activities implemented on behalf of the National Department of Health (NDOH) that will support the Department’s initiative to rationalise health registers in South Africa. The Project Manager will provide strategic direction and technical support to the project team. He/she will be responsible for initiating and implementing activities related to the project in the 11 National Health Insurance NHI district across the nine provinces of South Africa.
This is a one-year, fixed-term contract position.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities;
- Liaise with strategic stakeholders within the NDOH;
- Build and maintain relationship as well as liaise with provincial, district, sub-district and facilities stakeholders;
- Supervise, guide and support the project team;
- Ensure high quality project outputs;
- Apply sound project management principles, ensuring accurate record-keeping, punctual reporting and optimal use of all project resources;
- Manage risk mitigation strategies;
- Provide technical support to the project group by documenting good practices in quality improvement;
- Participate in meetings, conferences and workshops in collaboration with other projects and units;
- Contribute to other initiatives within the organisation, such as proposal writing and other business development activities;
- Ensure timely internal and external project reporting as required.
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Willingness to travel extensively;
- An appropriate university degree or equivalent in health or social sciences;
- A post-graduate qualification in public health on a Masters level will be a strong recommendation;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the public health field;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in project management;
- Proven project management abilities, experience in the design, administration, management and implementation of public health programmes, including supervision of staff and reporting;
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of information management: DHIS and National Indicator Data Set;
- Sound and extensive experience in rolling out new systems and processes;
- Sound monitoring and evaluation (M&E) skills in data management and handling;
- Application of quality improvement models and processes;
- Experience in health systems strengthening will be a strong recommendation.Experience working in an NGO environment;
- Project management;
- Strong budget management skills;
- Excellent writing and communicative skills;
- Strong computer skills, including spread sheets, databases (understanding of applications of word processing, and internet / e-mail);
- Ability to analyse and interpret technical information;
- Competent in M&E;
- Knowledge and understanding of the health information systems, data management, quality improvement and related key health policies;
- Ability to supervise others and give direction.
To apply, submit a detailed CV, stating the position applied for, together with names and contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three contactable referees, to Beverley Hamiel at email@example.com or fax to 086 244 9369.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Health Systems Trust, refer to www.hst.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.