Health Resources and Services Administration: Finance and/or Administration Expert Consultant
Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 20:53
Health Resources and Services Administration
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Sunday, May 6, 2012
HRSA seeks to recruit a Finance and/or Administration Expert Consultant who can participate in a two day training on their Clinical Assessment for Systems Strengthening (ClASS) Project in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The specific goal of this training is to recruit and train a cadre of experienced consultants based in African nations and available to conduct assessments and provide technical assistance to USG grantees in 2012- 2013 and beyond.
Proposed dates: 10-11 June 2012.
Specific Trainee/Consultant backgrounds needed:
- Certified public accountants (CPA, CCA) or equivalent will be preferred;
- Direct experience as Directors of Finance in non-government, governmental ministry or university settings will be preferred;
- Strong background in finance and accounting software.
- Experience as Country Directors, Directors of Administration or consultants who have provided organisational development assessments or technical assistance to organisations;
- HR knowledge and experience will a plus;
- Work within university settings will be a plus.
- Nonprofit and/or non-government consulting experience, with hospitals or universities will be preferred;
- Ability to commit to two days training (plus travel time) in South Africa in early June 2012;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills (writing samples must accompany CV);
- Ability to “front” expenses for up to two week assessments (hotels, meals, local airfares) with a turnaround time for reimbursement up to 45 days if later selected for travel;
- Can provide professional references regarding relevant skills and experience;
- Demonstrated skills working within a team;
- Completion of the online self-study modules;
- Future availability for one to two week assessments.
Training costs and future consulting fees: Travel (airfare, hotel, transfers and meal per diem) only will be paid for those consultants selected for the training in South Africa and will be paid based on current USG rates for Johannesburg for all days including travel and training. Some costs (local meals and airport transfers) will need to be paid by the consultants up-front for later reimbursement by I-TECH (up to 45 days).
Participation in the training is no guarantee of a consulting contract by HRSA or the local CDC to conduct future work. Each participant will be subject to an evaluation by HRSA, CDC and the International Training and Education Centre for Health (I-TECH). I-TECH is a HRSA contracted coordination and evaluation agency based at the University of Washington. Any consultants later contacted to be a part of an assessment team will be paid at USG negotiated consultancy rates, through a contract mechanism.
To apply, submit a CV, a writing sample, contact details of English speaking referees who can speak to your skills and training to I-TECH ClASS Team Lead Chuck Kuehn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Email inquiries are welcome if other questions arise. No phone calls will be accepted.
For more about the Health Resources and Services Administration, refer to www.hrsa.gov.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.