Health and Development Africa
Health and Development Africa (HDA) is a Johannesburg based consulting company that enables change in health and other development sectors through research, capacity building and innovative practice. In partnership with prime contractor PATH, HDA assumes the technical lead and managerial responsibility for the Thogomelo Project, a five-year programme funded by the US Agency for International Development’s AIDSTAR Sector I Programme and implemented in collaboration with the Department of Social Development (DSD).
The Thogomelo Project aims to care for and protect vulnerable children by enhancing the capacity of their caregivers. To date the project has trained 2 400 caregivers in 3 SAQA accredited Skills Development Programmes in psychosocial wellbeing and child protection. The current project strategy focuses on the development of an evidence base, models of good practice and the demonstration of impact to ensure sustainability. To meet this objective we are looking for a creative individual to fill the following position:
- Provide strategic leadership to project Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) team;
- Ensure clarity of programme logic/ results framework;
- Manage and undertake research and analysis on capacity development initiatives in psychosocial wellbeing and child protection;
- Develop content and raise project profile through innovative means including written outputs (articles, case studies and research reports) and dissemination seminars;
- Quality assure data management system.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master's degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject area;
- At least 5 years senior research, monitoring and evaluation experience of large scale programmes;
- Research in the area of psychosocial support, vulnerable children and child protection;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to communicate ideas in a clear, concise and engaging manner to diverse audiences;
- Experience in the use of statistical software - Stata, Atlas.ti and/or Epi Info advantageous;
- Proven organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
To apply, please send your CV, a motivational letter (one page max) and contact details of at least 3 referees to Ms B Mekgwe at email@example.com by no later than 18 March 2013. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.