Hand In Hand Southern Africa
Hand in Hand Southern Africa (HiHSA) is a section 21 company with a vision of reducing poverty through job creation. HiHSA implements a unique Self Help Group (SHG) model to enable beneficiaries to start, run and grow their income generating activities into sustainable enterprises that create jobs.
HIHSA seeks to appoint a Training Coordinator, based in Johannesburg.
The person will report to the CEO.
Organising internal training programmes
- Search for internal and external training suppliers;
- Contact trainer and line managers to determine the location, time, facilities and training;
- Make training program, submit for approval and sent to all offices concerns;
- Directly organize and monitor training for junior staff;
- Review list of participants, distribute training material, support trainer in training;
- Make training list for employees to sign and take back training documents;
- Prepare all training tools;
- Other work to fulfill training programme.
Organising external training programmes
- Contact with the outside for the programmes;
- Make external training program and submit to manager for approval;
- Prepare procedures for employees and managers who are appointed for training;
- Get the training document, certificates and photos for filling.
Developing training materials for HIH
- Contact line managers/supervisors to build up schedule for training materials;
- Make draft of training documents;
- Send draft training documents to assigned manager for review and approval;
- Manage training materials in line with regulations;
- Distribute photos and manage training materials as regulation of procedures to control documents;
- Back up and check training materials periodically.
Managing HIH training records
- Record training plan and training programme;
- Record list of trained personnel;
- Record results of evaluation and training;
- Keep records of training specialists and training suppliers;
- Archive records of training, course content, the training, number of trainees, results feedback etc.
- Providing constant progress report on training projects;
- Develop and monitor program assessments within the relevant stakeholders;
- Assess local needs on a regular basis and design relevant programs to address needs as per assessments;
- Participate in fund raising initiatives;
- Responsible for capacity building and monitoring within HIH;
- Responsible for ensuring training venues, equipment, catering arrangements and other requirements are booked up or cancelled in advance;
- Allocating staff to group when repeated training sessions are to be conducted;
- Keeping training records and files up to date;
- Producing monthly training reports;
- Arranging induction program for new employees;
- Providing training admin tasks not covered above;
- Providing general admin assistance and support for managers and trainers.
- Degree in Bsoc Science or Bachelor’s degree in training and development;
- Postgraduate qualification in development studies will be an added advantage or industrial psychology;
- Minimum of three years experience of training coordination or training environment in a medium sized or bigger company;
- Experience with training poor communities or other communities;
- Experience with adult basic education training;
- Train the trainer experience;
- Minimum one year of facilitation, course delivery or other public speaking to groups of all sizes;
- Experience in coordinating training projects inter/independently;
- Proven track record in dealing with various stakeholders successfully at different levels;
- Experience and exposure in successfully dealing with teams in a supervisory or leadership role;
- Valid code 08 driver’s licence;
- Willingness to travel and attend/organise and manage company and industry functions.
Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation skills, knowledge and philosophies of of adult education, problem solving, sound judgment, proactive thinker, innovative, customer relations management, excellent interpersonal skills, good negotiation skills , goal orientated, strong PC skills including proficiency in , Excel, Word & Power Point software, organizational and planning capabilities, demonstrate ability to work under pressure, good administrative skills (attention to detail), ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/ projects in accordance with stated deadlines, good training material development skills, knowledge of relevant Acts and experience with working with SETAs.
Ambitious Innovative, motivated. Analytical skills and ability to work in a team. Assertive and versatile with sound emotional stability. Strong organizing and planning ability. Integrity. Self-starter, committed, good time management.
Ability to travel to all branch locations, Self-motivated, professionalism in appearance and attitude a must.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 011 463 4500.
For more about the Hand in Hand Southern Africa, refer to www.handinhandsa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.