Hand In Hand Southern Africa (HIH SA)
Hand in Hand Southern Africa (HIHSA) is a NGO with a vision of reducing poverty through job creation. HIHSA implements a unique Self Help Group (SHG) model enabling beneficiaries to start, run and grow their own income generating activities into sustainable enterprises that create jobs.
HIHSA seeks to appoint an experienced and qualified candidate as Provincial Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The Provincial Manager’s key role will be to ensure the development and implementation of the programme in the Gauteng and North West provinces aligned to the strategic objectives of the organisation.
The persons will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide guidance in the development of an appropriate provincial strategy;
- Lead rigorous and on-going sector assessments to identify new opportunities for enterprise development;
- Ensure implementation of the Hand in Hand strategy and ensure that appropriate and sector specific value chains are developed to support implementation of the Hand in Hand strategy;
- Develop an implementation plan for the approved project plans;
- Plan, lead and direct training of beneficiaries on specific project initiatives in liaison with the Training Manager;
- Provide guidance on beneficiary enterprise support requirements e.g. business planning, value addition, marketing etc;
- Develop and manage relationships with other enterprise development organisations;
- Develop appropriate best practice models on enterprise development;
- Monitor and Evaluate implementation of enterprise development initiatives;
- Manage resources under the Enterprise Development Unit;
- Planning and budgeting for projects within the project cycle and managing changes within the scope of the project.
- Degree in development, business management or economics, with a bias towards enterprise development/entrepreneurial studies;
- Minimum three years experience in business management, of which a minimum of two years must have been in enterprise development initiatives and working with SMMEs;
- Proven track record in successfully utilising and understanding of a project management methodology;
- Experience in coordinating projects inter/independently;
- Proven track record in dealing with various stakeholders successfully at different levels;
- Experience/exposure in successfully dealing with teams in a supervisory/leadership role;
- Management experience;
- Valid driver’s license, own vehicle is an added advantage.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter stating your desired remuneration to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Hand in Hand Southern Africa, refer to www.handinhandsa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.