Hand In Hand Southern Africa
Hand in Hand Southern Africa (HiHSA) is a section 21 company with a vision of reducing poverty through job creation. HiHSA implements a unique Self Help Group (SHG) model to enable beneficiaries to start, run and grow their income generating activities into sustainable enterprises that create jobs.
HIHSA seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper, based in Bryanston, Johannesburg.
- Ensuring that the service operates in ways which make best possible use of resources available;
- Actively monitoring and managing performance and development of staff including conducting regular staff reviews;
- Finance related research as directed by the Executive;
- Periodic travel to HIH regional offices when required.
- Postgraduate degree or diploma with a concentration in finance or accounting;
- Minimum of four years experience of project financial experience in a medium size organisation, with operations will be preferred;
- Experience and exposure in dealing with Microsoft Office and Pastel payroll software applications related to the identified projects;
- Flare for figures;
- Strong experience in balance sheet and income statements analysis;
- Sound knowledge of internal control procedures over purchases and payments to suppliers;
- Payroll administration;
- Aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/ issues to team deadlines and have a positive work attitude including long hours during peak periods or whenever required;
- Valid code 08 driver’s license;
- Willingness to travel and attend/organise and manage company and industry functions.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Hand in Hand Southern Africa, refer to www.handinhandsa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.