Hand in Hand: Programme Assistant
Hand in Hand Southern Africa
Hand in Hand (HIH) Southern Africa is a nonprofit organisation whose vision is poverty alleviation through job creation. HIH believes that the way to do this is through the formation of self-help groups and enterprises for sustainable livelihoods development. Hand in Hand Southern Africa is part of an international group of organisations with operations in India which was the first organisation set up in 2002, Afghanistan and most recently Kenya.
HIH Southern Africa seeks to appoint a Programme Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
This is a two-year fixed term position.
The candidate will report to the Project Manager.
- Assist to the Programme Manager in successfully running the projects within HIH;
- Conduct research and compile information for the Programme Manager on various aspects of the projects;
- Support the team on monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of progress reports on various projects;
- Assist Programme Manager to develop project work plan in conjunction with project teams;
- Continuously update the all project teams on various activities relating to their projects;
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on projects budget spent;
- Establish and maintain/ build relationships with identified partners, donors, project managers and communities;
- Attend, compile and distribute minutes of various meetings;
- Provide administrative assistance to the Programme Manager (including but not limited to diary management, schedule meetings, coordinate travel);
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, trainings, workshops and any other related events;
- Attend to general queries within the agreed time lines;
- Maintain a professional accurate filing system for all projects at HIH.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or development studies;
- Master’s degree will be advantageous;
- Minimum of two years experience in project management in an NGO environment or similar administrative environment;
- Experience in coordinating projects and programmes;
- Proven track record in developing administrative systems;
- Experience in coordinating a high fast pace administrative environment;
- High level Communication (Verbal and written), proposal writing, concept note development, problem solving, sound judgement, proactive strategic thinker, innovative excellent customer relations management, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent negotiation skills, selling skills, goal oriented, computer literate with expert level on Microsoft Outlook, Excel, word & PowerPoint software, knowledge and experience in the use of statistical packages e.g. SPSS, excellent budgeting skills, organisational and planning abilities, demonstrate ability to work under pressure, administrative skills (attention to detail)
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Assertive and versatile with sound emotional stability;
- Organising and planning ability;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Willingness to travel and attend/ organise and manage organisation functions;
- Willingness to work extended hours;
- Willingness to travel to rural or outskirt areas;
- Ability to organise, facilitate and organise events.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more information, please visit www.handinhandsa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.