Hand in Hand Southern Africa
Hand in Hand (HIH) Southern Africa is a nonprofit organisation whose vision is poverty alleviation through job creation. HIH believes that the way to do this is through the formation of self-help groups and enterprises for sustainable livelihoods development. Hand in Hand Southern Africa is part of an international group of organisations with operations in India which was the first organisation set up in 2002, Afghanistan and most recently Kenya.
HIH Southern Africa seeks to appoint a Human Resources Manager, based in Johannesburg.
This is a two-year fixed term position.
The candidate will report to the Administration and Accounting Manager.
- Compile advertisements for positions across the organisation;
- Coordinate recruitment in line with the organisation recruitment policy;
- Conduct induction for all new recruits;
- Develop and compile recruitment information packs for all employees;
- Manage on-board process for all new employees;
- Manage and coordinate termination for all employees in line with organisation policy and procedures;
- Ensure that all organisation employees are continuously updated and informed of organisation policies and procedures;
- Compile organisation communication update on a quarterly basis in line with line function;
- Advise line managers on organisation policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to at all times;
- Work closely with line management to ensure that employees in the regions are effectively managed in line with good HR principles;
- Conduct research on best HR practices to ensure that the organisation is abreast with HR developments;
- Responsible for coordinating training in line with organisation needs;
- Responsible for all other administrative duties related to this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences majoring in industrial psychology;
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce with human resources or industrial psychology;
- Minimum of three years experience as a human resources advisor/officer;
- Ability to manage and coordinate recruitment;
- Exposure in handling disciplinary matters
- Experience in compiling legislative reports;
- Exposure in dealing with day to day people issues;
- Communication (verbal and written), problem solving, sound judgment, proactive strategic thinker, innovative, customer relations management, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, selling skills, goal orientated, computer literate with expert level on Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint software, budgeting skills, organisational and planning capabilities, demonstrate ability to work under pressure, administrative skills (attention to detail);
- Analytical skills and ability to work in a team;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Assertive and versatile with sound emotional stability;
- Organising and planning ability;
- Valid driver's license;
- Willingness to travel, attend/organise and manage organisation functions;
- Willingness to travel to African countries.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more information, please visit www.handinhandsa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.