Greenpeace is a non-governmental environmental organisation that works to ensure that the earth has the ability to nurture life in all its diversity. The organisation focuses its work on worldwide issues such as global warming, deforestation, overfishing, commercial whaling and anti-nuclear issues.
Greenpeace Africa seeks to appoint a Programme Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate roles and responsibilities will include providing administrative organisational and operational support to the program team. The person will ensure smooth running of the campaign operations and supporting the Campaign Director, in promoting knowledge sharing within Greenpeace campaigns location. S/he will organise meetings manage travel, develop and maintain key contacts with partners and others suppliers, while ensuring that the office and equipment are well maintained.
- Assist the Campaigns Director tracking reports from the Campaigns Team;
- Develop and maintain a programme management system including filing of papers;
- Create, maintain and update a campaign contact database;
- Manage travel & accounts for the Campaigns Director and programme staff as required;
- Monitor the Campaigns budget and provide support to the program staff;
- Keep track of whereabouts of Campaigners;
- Audio visual support ( scanning, duplications , photos and videos);
- Ordering reports publications;
- Provide support as required to the Communications and Fundraising Director.
- Assist Campaigns Director write or commission accounts or brief papers for internal and external audience about Greenpeace Africa programme by reading summarising and drafting responses as directed by Campaigns Director;
- Promote knowledge sharing from Greenpeace Africa Campaign locations as way to create and maintain a strong GP Africa identity across offices;
- Follow up reactions of the public on Campaigns with public involvement;
- Assisting in organising external program or fundraising activities;
- Involvement in preparation of a public phase in a campaign.
- Grade 12;
- Tertiary qualification in business administration or related field;
- Minimum of two years working experience in a related position;
- Computer literacy;
- Fluency in French would be advantageous;
- Ability to deal with diversity;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Ability to adapt easily to changes.
Greenpeace Africa encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. The successful applicant must be motivated, passionate and dedicated with excellent administration, communication and organisational skills.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Greenpeace Africa, refer to www.greenpeace.org/africa/en.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.