Greenpeace is a non-governmental environmental organisation that works to ensure that the earth has the ability to nurture life in all its diversity. The organisation focuses its work on worldwide issues such as global warming, deforestation, overfishing, commercial whaling and anti-nuclear issues.
Greenpeace Africa seeks to appoint a Fundraising Director, based in its office in Johannesburg.
The person will be responsible for providing desktop, server, and network support services that enable Greenpeace Africa staff in all office locations as well as remotely to achieve their goals. This position plays a key role providing information technology support to the organisation.
- Provide technical support on Notebooks, Desktop computers, iPads, Apple Mac laptops;
- Perform Linux and Windows related tasks on the server;
- Provide general systems admin of Linux systems (software update management, configuration management, shell scripting, scheduling);
- Perform installation, maintenance, incident and problem management activities;
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores;
- Handle e-mail messaging calls/incidents/tickets;
- Setup and maintain Video Conferencing equipment;
- Experience in setting up projecting equipment;
- Provide advanced technical support for all requests;
- Provide backup and coverage support to all offices;
- Maintain security of all systems;
- Carry out other tasks as directed by the line-manager.
- Communication skills;
- Organisational skills and demonstrated team values;
- Working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows7, and Windows Server 2008;
- Matric certificate;
- Certified in MCP or MCSE or MCITP;
- Certifications in ComTIA Linux +, Linux professional C1 and or RHCE;
- Working knowledge of Linux (Centos / Ubuntu/ RedHat);
- Exposure to ClearOS operating system;
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Minimum of one year year experience in a similar role;
- Experience in a variety of operating systems including Linux, Win XP and Windows 7;
- Experience with IT hardware and a broad range of network technologies and protocols;
- Experience with configuring and monitoring system and network components and installation of network components such as routers, switches and wireless access points;
- Experience with network configuration and management, proactively eliminating security vulnerabilities;
- Commitment to the environment and the core values of Greenpeace.
Desirable qualities and skills:
- Experience in a Network Administration role on similar systems and technologies;
- Ability to speak French will be an added advantage;
- Experience working in challenging and sometimes security conscious environments.
Greenpeace Africa will offer a competitive remuneration package.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with “IT Support Technician” in the subject line to the HR Manager at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
No late applications will be considered.
For more about Greenpeace Africa, refer to www.greenpeace.org/africa/en.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.