Greenpeace Africa is an international environmental organisation that works to ensure that the earth has the ability to nurture life in all its diversity. The organisation focuses its work on worldwide issues such as global warming, deforestation, overfishing, commercial whaling and anti-nuclear issues.
Greenpeace Africa seeks to appoint a Human Resource (HR) Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
The HR assistant will be responsible for providing overall HR support to other units and various human resource functions, which will include recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, employee wellness and health and safety. HR Assistant will assist in implementing strategic aspects as well as administration of the Human Resource Department.
The position is suitable for a young incumbent that is eager to learn and expand his or her experience within the HR field.
This is a six-month contract position.
- Assist in capturing all payroll inputs and ensure they are submitted on time to the payroll administrator;
- Ensure that all personnel files for ALL staff are up to date;
- Express clear understanding of the organizational strategy and direction;
- Ensure that all new staff is provided with proper policies and procedures;
- Assist the HR Officer in coordinating the recruitment process;
- Take minuets in meetings;
- Conduct exit interviews on all out going staff;
- Process residency and work permit applications for employees accordingly;
- Maintain the HR database and regularly update the personnel information;
- Assist and support HR Officer with her day to day duties.
- Grade 12 certificate;
- National diploma (three Year Qualification) in human resources management/human capital development/labour relations;
- Minimum of 12 Months experience in a HR department;
- Fully computer literate and have knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office and Gmail;
- Knowledge of South Africa labour legislations;
- Sound knowledge of labour relations and training development;
- Administration skills;
- Must be able to start in November 2013;
- Experience in a NGO sector will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Be initiative highly motivated/ enthusiastic and energetic;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Have attitude of continuous learning and self-development;
- Planning and organising skills.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘Human Resource Assistant’ in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Silindile Nxaba, Tel: 011 482 4696.
Should you not receive correspondence from us within 20 days from the closing date, consider your application has been unsuccessful.
For more about Greenpeace Africa, refer to www.greenpeace.org/africa/en.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.