Grassroot Soccer South Africa
A truly innovative global nonprofit organisation, Grassroot Soccer (GRS) has a decade of proven experience leveraging the global power of soccer as a medium to prevent HIV and AIDS. GRS delivers award winning programmes in the areas of gender based violence prevention, youth leadership, employability and substance abuse. To date, over 700 000 young people have graduated from GRS programmes in 46 countries around the world.
The Programme Director is responsible for the overall strategic direction of programmes in South Africa and manages the programme team to design, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate all programmes. The Programme Director works closely with the Country Director to lead the development of programmes that achieve the mission of Grassroot Soccer SA while responding to current funding environments.
- Strategic programme development;
- Leadership and people management;
- Programme management;
- Partnership & stakeholder relations.
Key Professional Experience and Attributes:
- Relevant masters degree (PhD an advantage);
- 5-10 years experience managing programmes in the development sector;
- Proven success in developing people on your team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment;
- Ability to analyse and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate;
- Proven ability to work individually with drive and enthusiasm and to function in a team-oriented environment.
Send your letter of motivation, resume and contact details of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line: Programme Director
Applications close: 19 December 2014