Grassroot Soccer South Africa
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is a South African nonprofit organisation that uses the power of soccer to prevent HIV/AIDS. GRS trains local community-based youth role models as skills coaches to deliver comprehensive HIV prevention and life skills education through rigorously designed and evidence based curricula.
GRC seeks to appoint Social Workers/Social Auxiliary Workers.
The successful candidates will be responsible for employee wellness initiatives and coordinating referrals for various psychosocial issues.
The positions are based GRC offices in:
- Port Elizabeth
These are contract positions – length to be negotiated.
- Current registration with the SACSSP or HPCSA;
- Appropriate qualification and proof of latest registration fees paid essential;
- Fluency in English and local African language essential;
- Knowledge of professional protocol and practice in the field of social work essential;
- Demonstrate a high level of team cohesive behaviour;
- Ability to establish network relationships with local psychosocial support organisations is essential;
- Computer literacy is essential;
- Strong communication (written and verbal) as well as interpersonal skill is essential;
- Highly organised and strong administration skill is essential;
- Previous experience working with youth is advantageous;
- Experience in staff wellness is advantageous;
- Possess strong facilitation skills or aptitude for facilitation.
To apply, submit a CV and proof of registration to email@example.com with “SAW and the location you are interested in”; e.g. "SAW Khayelitsha" or "SAW Alexandra", in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment.
For more about GRS South Africa, refer to www.grassrootsoccer.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.