Grassroot Soccer (GRS) South Africa
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is a South African nonprofit organisation that uses the power of soccer to prevent HIV and Aids. GRS trains local community based youth role models as skills coaches to deliver comprehensive HIV prevention and life skills education through rigorously designed and evidence based lead curricular.
GRS South Africa seeks to appoint a Marketing and Communications Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will play an important role as the Africa-based communication and outreach point person working closely with the US-based Communications Director, business development teams, and programme team members in affiliate countries. In addition to providing Grassroot Soccer (GRS) with a dedicated communication staff member and liaison on the ground in Africa, the focus of the role will be coordinating external communication strategies for Affiliate countries, internal communication strategies across GRS, and engaging in a variety of organizational improvement projects around information sharing.
- Support the development of Affiliate PR/marketing campaign strategies and coordinate and manage Affiliate public relations, media relations and general communications;
- Manage the design and development of Affiliate-driven marketing and communication products including: fact sheets, newsletters, concept notes, and messaging tools. Candidate should be familiar with Mail Chimp;
- Work closely with global and affiliate Monitoring and Evaluation team to disseminate information to a variety of external constituencies;
- Ensure brand consistency and integrity through branding and style guidelines;
- Work closely with Communications Director to develop and execute GRS marketing strategy including enhancing social media presence;
- Support business development team in developing materials to more effectively prepare competitive grant proposals and source funding;
- Site visit event coordination: liaison between visitors and program team, assisting with logistics associated with these events.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of internal information management and sharing platforms including Google Sites/Drive and Donor Management System (Little Green Light);
- Coordinate cross-business unit internal communications to improve consistency of content and quality;
- Coordinate internal communications campaign to share stories, best practices, and multimedia across the organization;
- Oversee Gmail server, email lists, organization charts, and staff and site directories.
- Responsible for the management of a marketing and communications intern;
- GRS team members actively work in a way that motivates and empowers those in their team.
- Relevant first degree or diploma (essential);
- Minimum of two years proven experience in a similar role (preferred);
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity and comfort with Excel, Powerpoint, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Keynote (essential);
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS (preferred);
- Works efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and multi-tasking environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and keen attention to detail;
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and forward thinking;
- Strong people skills, high enthusiasm, great attitude, and a proven ability to function well in a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups especially in a cross-cultural environment characteristic of international organization;
- An interest in sports – particularly soccer – preferred, and an appreciation of its extraordinary potential to impact social development.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and and contact details of three professional references to email@example.com with ‘Marketing & Communication Coordinator’ as the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Grasssroot Soccer, refer to www.grassrootsoccer.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook athttps://www.facebook.com/ngopulse.