Grassroot Soccer (SA)
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is a South African nonprofit organisation that uses the power of soccer to prevent HIV and AIDS. GRS trains local community based youth role models as skills coaches to deliver comprehensive HIV prevention and life skills education through rigorously designed and evidence based lead curricular.
GRS South Africa seeks to appoint a Consultant - Grant and Report Writer, based in Cape Town.
The Consultant will provide the service of writing grants and reports on an ad hoc basis. Ideally the individual should be able to work from the Cape Town Head Quarters at certain times. The consultant will be responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted grant projects and for supporting managers to submit timely and accurate reports for agreed upon existing grant funded projects.
The responsibilities will vary - depending on the nature of the project. However, those listed below give insight into the role.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources;
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants;
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programmes;
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors;
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with Partnership Manager to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors;
- Understanding of institutional history and programmes;
- Maintain current records, along with the Grant Manager, in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting;
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc);
- Work with Partnership Manager to provide development input for all written institutional materials (including Annual Report, Newsletters);
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s/BS in relevant field of study;
- Minimum of two years proven experience with grant writing;
- Previous experience with non-profit, international fundraising;
- Must have HIV/developing country experience (ideally someone who understands GRS at the programme level);
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments;
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Ability to monitor and meet objective goals;
- Confident, assertive communicator who can work comfortably with diverse groups of people and across all levels;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Attention to detail;
- Able to prioritise work and manage deadlines;
- Innovative and creative, able to see new opportunities;
- Planning and time management – meets deadlines;
- Reflective and open to learning.
To apply, submit CV and motivation letter ‘Consultant - Grant and Report Writer’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also include contactable references at organisations where you have grant/report writing experience.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from Grassroot Soccer by mid-December, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Grassroot Soccer, refer to www.grassrootsoccer.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.