Go for Gold
The Go for Gold Programme is a nonprofit organisation with a proud history of serving young people from schools in disadvantaged communities. Learners enter the programme at Grade 11 and are mentored through a process which culminates in tertiary education, learnerships and employment within the Engineering / Technical Industry.
Go for Gold seeks to appoint a Financial Officer, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate should have experience in middle level financial management. This should include extensive work on using and running financial systems, ensuring compliance, maintaining accurate records and reporting against general good accounting practice.
- Work closely with the management team to preparing the timely delivery of accurate useful financial reports;
- Support and advise senior management in decision making;
- Work with the Fundraiser to reporting to funders and stakeholders on organisational expenditure;
- Manage the preparation of the organisation’s annual and multi-year budgets;
- Work closely with provincial project managers to manage provincial budgets;
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies; and preparation of audit pack and to attend to all auditors queries;
- Liaise with funders, sponsors and partners to achieve organisational objectives;
- Manage all payments to be made by the organisation to various creditors while ensuring compliance through banking system and petty cash;
- Process Salaries, Payroll, service provider payments and updating relevant records on payroll including annual and sick leave;
- Ensure all monthly Journals are kept and provide regular report back summaries on journals, budget and cashflow;
- Assist with staff cash and transport claims;
- Assist with ensuring the governance and compliance is in place for the organisation;
- Attend to other issues as requested by management from time to time;
- Added advantages;
- Knowledge of company secretarial functions;
- Experience in managing grant-making activities and nonprofit sector resource mobilisation would be a distinct advantage;
- Some experience in Education or BBBEE or Development sectors would be an advantage.
- Relevant tertiary education (Diploma or Degree);
- Five years relevant work experience with complex project based finances, including multiple reporting requirements;
- Knowledge of the donor environment is essential;
- Passion for development and an interest in youth development and leadership;
- Accounting/Finance management experience with good knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- Experience working with finance and accounting software packages – especially PASTEL Projects;
- Extensive knowledge working with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong planning, organisation and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Emotional intelligence and good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interact well with staff and partners.
Monthly Salary: +/- R15 000 - R18 000
To apply, submit a concise CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating which position you are applying for. The subject line must read Go for Gold - Financial Officer.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.