Gender Links (GL), a dynamic Southern African NGO headquartered in Johannesburg that promotes gender justice and equality, seeks to fill the post of Senior Accountant.
- Preparation of donor reports;
- Providing support to programme staff regarding budgets for proposals / projects, financial reports and their implications on projects;
- Managing Head Office finance staff;
- Maintaining and monitoring the internal control system;
- Proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports;
- General ledger month end procedures;
- Managing and reconciling clearing accounts;
- Checking programme cash expenditure reconciliations;
- Managing the full creditors function, including preparation of creditors’ reconciliations and requisitions;
- Processing payments using the Internet business banking system;
- Maintain the asset register;
- Overseeing head office finances, financial reports and budgets;
- Processing petty cash payments and reconciliations;
- Liaising with the bank on behalf of the organisation;
- Responsible for correct statutory deduction and timely remittance (PAYE, VAT, UIF) Filing statutory returns including SARS returns;
- Assisting with the External Audit process;
- Maintain a proper filing system at all times.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Tertiary education with specialised certification in accounting or finance;
- At least 10 years’ experience in accounting, five of which should be in an NGO sector;
- Experience in Pastel evolution accounting software, Microsoft office, MSProject programmes and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet;
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions;
- Good administrative and inter personal skills;
- Ability to train staff in financial systems;
- IT proficiency;
- Able to handle pressure and change;
- Valid driver’s licence.
The post, which is for an initial period of two years, is based in Johannesburg. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning the Human Resources Manager on 27 (011) 622 2877. Please submit a CV, references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September 2014. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. GL reserves the right to not appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.