Gender Links (GL) is a dynamic Southern African NGO based in Johannesburg that promotes gender equality and justice.
GL seeks to fill the post of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager.
- Keeping track of all GL monitoring and evaluation tools and systems, including several online tools, ensuring accurate and credible data that is interpreted and analysed in relevant ways;
- Providing GL with information needed for planning, monitoring and evaluation of its programmes;
- Generating monthly monitoring and evaluation reports, and ad hoc donor reports;
- Participating in and servicing key learning networks that GL is involved in;
- Developing knowledge products based on GL work, profiling these and tracking references to GL’s work in academic and other sources;
- Building the capacity of GL staff on MEL.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- A Masters’ degree in statistics, demography or other relevant discipline;
- At least ten years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, at least some of these at a management level;
- Strong grounding in, and commitment to, gender and development;
- Research skills;
- Experience working with both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Knowledge and experience in data management packages such as STATA and SPSS;
- Excellent writing, reporting data analysis;
- IT skills;
- Training and communication skills;
- A valid drivers’ licence.
The post is for an initial two years based in Johannesburg. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with skills and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or phoning Human Resources Manager, Tel: +27 11 622 2877.
Please submit a CV, references and relevant sample of written work based on analysis of data to email@example.com by Friday 20 June 2014. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
GL reserves the right to not appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.
For more about Gender Links, refer to www.genderlinks.org.za.