Gender Links (GL)
Job Title: Head of Finance and Administration
Reports To: Executive Director
Gender Links (GL) is a Southern African NGO founded in 2001 that is committed to a region in which women and men are able to realise their full potential and participate equally in all aspects of public and private life. Reporting to the Executive Director the Head of Finance and Administration is responsible for its financial and administration operations.
Financial and Resource Management
- Planning and budgeting, preparing the annual budget based on secured funds;
- Preparation of donor reports;
- Providing support to programme staff regarding budgets for proposals/projects, financial reports and their implications on projects;
- Maintaining and monitoring the internal control system;
- Proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports;
- General ledger month end procedures;
- Managing and reconciling clearing accounts;
- Checking program cash expenditure reconciliations;
- Managing the full creditors function, including preparation of creditors’ reconciliations and requisitions;
- Maintaining the asset register;
- Overseeing country finances, financial reports and budgets;
- Processing petty cash payments and reconciliations.
Audit preparation and strengthening of Systems
- Preparation of GL accounts for audit;
- Present audit report to the annual Board meeting and respond to any queries;
- Strengthen and ensure that sound financial systems and internal controls are in place all the time;
- Respond to audit queries.
Management of staff and oversight of statutory requirements
- Ensure compliance with country regulations for VAT, PAYE and company tax;
- Ensure compliance with all country specific labour laws where GL operates;
- Recruiting and contracting finance and administration staff;
- Oversight of the finance and administration staff;
- Coaching, mentoring and training of finance and administration staff.
Managing relations with the bank
- Managing day to day relations with the bank;
- Management of GL investments.
- Tertiary education with specialised certification in Accounting/Commerce; or Professional qualification at level 2, or CIS or CIMA etc.
- At least 15 years of professional experience with at least 5 of these in an NGO sector with proven track record of managing multi- donors;
- Good knowledge and experience of Pastel Evolution or an equivalent accounting software is essential;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and upgrade systems in a fast changing IT environment.
- Excellent administrative and inter personal skills, strategic thinking, verbal communication and writing skills;
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- IT proficiency;
- Ability to handle pressure and change;
- Valid driver’s license.
For information on the post go to: www.genderlinks.org.za. Interested applicants should send a letter of motivation, CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday 6 February 2014. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.