Gender Links, a dynamic Southern African NGO headquartered in Johannesburg that promotes gender equality and justice seeks to fill the post of Gender Justice and Local Government Manager.
- Managing gender justice and local government work in several Southern African countries to support centres of excellence for Gender in Local Government. These include flagship programmes and campaigns for ending Gender Based Violence (GBV);
- Monitoring and Evaluating the gender justice and local government programme;
- Organising country and regional summits for the sharing of best practices and administering of awards;
- Fundraising at national and regional level for sustaining this process.
Qualifications, experience, and skills
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant social science field;
- At least ten years’ experience managing gender justice advocacy campaigns;
- Knowledge of local government and how it works in the Southern African region. Previous experience of working with local government associations would be an advantage;
- Excellent facilitation, team building and training skills;
- Excellent media, communication and IT skills;
- Excellent administrative, logistic and management skills;
- Excellent fundraising skills;
- Strong strategic, conceptual, human resource operation skills.
GL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from the SADC region. The above post is for an initial two years period based in Johannesburg. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning Human Resources Manager on +27 11 622 2877.
Please submit a CV, references, and a relevant written sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 September 2013. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
GL reserves the right to not appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.