Gender Links (GL) - Zambia seeks the services of an experienced and highly motivated individual to serve as a Gender and Local Government Programme Officer. The successful candidate will be expected to travel extensively within the country to support the country manager in local government work.
- Arrange logistics and manage budgets and reconciliations for local level workshops in ten regions across Zambia.
- Co-facilitate training in some stages of the Centres of Excellence in Gender mainstreaming for local government roll-out workshops;
- Monitoring and evaluation according to GL systems, policies and procedures.
- Report writing.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A social science degree or relevant work experience;
- At least three years’ experience in lobbying and advocacy work preferably linked to gender and local government;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Good training and facilitation skills;
- Good administrative and inter-personal skills;
- IT proficiency - knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project;
- Willingness to learn web-based Monitoring and Evaluation tools;
- Proficiency in at least one widely spoken local language in addition to English;
- A driver’s licence will be of an advantage.
The above post is for an initial period of one year, based in Lusaka. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the qualifications and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning the Human Resources Manager on +27 11 622 2877.
Please submit CV, references and a relevant sample of written work to email@example.com by Friday 20 September 2013. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
GL reserves the right to not appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.