Gender Links (GL), a dynamic Southern African NGO headquartered in Johannesburg that promotes gender equality and justice seeks to fill the post of an experienced and highly motivated individual to serve as a Gender and Local Government Programme Officer based in Gaborone, Botswana. The successful candidate will be expected to travel extensively within the country to support the country manager in local government work.
- Arrange logistics and manage budgets and reconciliations for local level workshops in ten regions across Botswana;
- Co-facilitate training in the some stages of the Centres of Excellence in Gender mainstreaming for local government roll-out workshops;
- Monitoring and evaluation according to GL systems, policies and procedures;
- Report writing.
Qualifications and skills:
- A social science degree or relevant work experience;
- At least three years’ experience in lobbying and advocacy work preferably linked to gender and local government;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Strong networking skills;
- Good training and facilitation skills;
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills;
- IT proficiency - knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project;
- Willingness to learn web-based Monitoring and Evaluation tools;
- Proficiency in at least one widely spoken local language in addition to English;
- A driver’s licence will be of an advantage.
The above post is for an initial period of one year. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package will be offered, commensurate with the qualifications and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning the Human Resources Manager on +27 11 622 2877.
Please submit a CV, references and a relevant sample of your written work to email@example.com by Friday 20 September.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
GL reserves the right to not appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.