Gender Links (GL) is a dynamic Southern African NGO based in Johannesburg that promotes gender equality and justice.
GL seeks to fill the post of Gender and Governance Manager on an initial two-year contract basis.
- Managing a team of country managers in ten Southern African countries to support Centres of Excellence for Gender in Local Government. These include flagship programmes and campaigns for ending GBV;
- Cascading research on gender violence indicators to the local level;
- Strengthening Monitoring and Evaluation and designing tools for gathering best practices and evidence of strategies that make a difference;
- Organising district and country summits for the sharing of best practices and administering of awards;
- Supporting fund raising initiatives at national and regional level for sustaining this process;
- Supporting the institutional growth of GL country offices to support the work, promote ownership and sustainability.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- A Masters’ degree in governance or a relevant social science field;
- A strong grounding in, and commitment to, gender and development;
- At least ten years’ experience, five of these at management level;
- Knowledge of local government and how it works in the Southern African region;
- Previous experience of working in or with local government would be an advantage;
- Excellent facilitation, team building, mentoring and training skills;
- Excellent report writing, media, communication and IT skills;
- Excellent administrative, logistic and management skills;
- Excellent fundraising skills.
GL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from the SADC region. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning Vivien Bakainanga, Tel: +27 11 622 2877.
To apply, please submit a CV, references, and at least two samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 June 2014. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
GL reserves the right not to make an appointment, should a suitable candidate not be found.
For more about Gender Links, refer to www.genderlinks.org.za.