Gender Links (GL), a dynamic Southern African NGO headquartered in Johannesburg that promotes gender justice and equality seeks to fill the post of Finance Officer.
- Preparation of accurate accounting reports;
- Budget tracking, monthly, quarterly reports;
- Data capturing in pastel;
- Process payments timeously and accurately;
- Donor agreements compliance;
- Support programme with budgets for proposals / projects;
- Adherence to internal control system;
- General ledger month end procedures;
- Accounts reconciliations;
- Maintain the asset register.
- Assisting with the External Audit process;
- Maintain a proper filing system at all times.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Tertiary education with specialised certification in accounting or finance;
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting in the NGO sector;
- Experience in pastel accounting software, Microsoft Office programmes and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet;
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions;
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to train staff in financial systems;
- IT proficiency;
- Able to handle pressure and is dynamic to change.
The above post is for an initial period of one year based in Johannesburg. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with the qualifications and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning Human Resources Manager on +27 11 622 2877.
Please submit a CV, references to email@example.com by 20 September 2013. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
GL reserves the right to not appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.