Gender Links (GL), a dynamic Southern African NGO headquartered in Johannesburg that promotes gender equality and justice, seeks to fill the post of Economic Justice Manager.
- Managing the economic justice programme based on applied entrepreneurship training for survivors of Gender Based Violence (GBV) in local councils across Southern Africa linked to Local Economic Development. The programme explores the link between economic empowerment and GBV, including indicators and tools to measure the changes in individual's lives who participate in the programme;
- Managing the monitoring evaluation and learning for the programme;
- Fundraising and donor reports;
- Managing a team of consultants.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A Masters’ degree in economic sciences or relevant qualification and experience;
- Ten years’ experience in managing gender justice advocacy campaigns;
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills;
- Writing, training, monitoring and evaluation;
- Fundraising skills;
- Previous experience of working on economic empowerment and gender justice issues would be a distinct advantage;
- Strong strategic, conceptual, human resource operation skills;
- Good interpersonal relationships;
- Certification as a trainer from a recognised professional body would be an advantage.
GL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from the SADC region. The above post is for an initial one-year period based in Johannesburg. GL will offer a competitive remuneration packages, commensurate with skills and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning Human Resources Manager on +27 11 622 2877.
Please submit a CV, references, and a relevant sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 September 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
GL reserves the right to not appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.