Gender Links seeks to fill the post of GL Cottages Manager. GL Cottages is a three star bed, breakfast, and conferencing establishment, owned by Gender Links.
The establishment is situated in the Urania Village of Observatory in Johannesburg.
Management and Aesthetics
- Planning, organising and directing the staff and all services of the establishment, including reception, concierge, reservations, food and beverages operations and housekeeping;
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations, and furnishings.
Marketing, Customer Relations
- Marketing of the establishment at local, national, regional, and international levels;
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets, events and conference management;
- Analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies;
- Dealing with customer complaints and administering customer satisfaction surveys.
- Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure, financial and stock management;
- Maintaining statistical and financial records.
Human Resources Management
- Recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Hotel Management and Catering or relevant business qualification.
- Minimum of three years experience at management level;
- Excellent administrative, logistic and management skills;
- Excellent marketing and public relations skills;
- Excellent financial management skills;
- Excellent, communication and IT skills.
Gender Links (GL) is an equal opportunity employer. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package, based on a basic salary plus commission, commensurate with skills and experience. Background information about GL Cottages can be found on www.glcottages.co.za; www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning Vivian Bakainaga on 27 (0) 11 622 2877. Please submit a CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 August 2012.
Late submissions will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
GL Cottages reserves the right not to make an appointment should a suitable candidate not be found.