Gender Links, a dynamic Southern African NGO based in Johannesburg that promotes gender equality and justice seeks to fill the post of Gender Justice and Local Government Manager on an initial two- year contract basis.
- Managing a team of country managers in several Southern African countries to support Centres of Excellence for Gender in Local Government. These include flagship programmes and campaigns for ending GBV.
- Cascading research on gender violence indicators to the local level.
- Strengthening Monitoring and Evaluation and designing tools for gathering best practices and evidence of strategies that make a difference.
- Organising country and a regional Gender Justice and Local Government summit for the sharing of best practices and administering of awards.
- Fund raising at national and regional level for sustaining this process.
Qualifications, experience, and skills
- A Masters Degree in a relevant social science field.
- At least five years experience managing gender justice advocacy campaigns.
- Knowledge of local government and how it works in the Southern African region. Previous experience of working with local government associations would be an advantage.
- Excellent facilitation, team building and training skills.
- Excellent media, communication and IT skills.
- Excellent administrative, logistic and management skills.
- Excellent fund raising skills.
GL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from the SADC region. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning Vivien Bakainanga on 27 (0) 11-622-2877. Please submit a CV, references, and at least two samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 July 2012. Late applications will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.