Futures Group / SHIPP
The Futures Group is a trusted international development firm known for its evidence-based, integrated approach to improving the health and well-being of people.
The Sexual HIV Prevention Programme (SHIPP) of South Africa is a USAID-funded flagship PEPFAR initiative to galvanize and support impactful combination sexual prevention activities in South Africa (SA). This initiative takes a multi-sectoral approach linking to the health, education and social development sectors targeting in and out-of-school-youth and sexually-active adults in order to help achieve the national target of 50% reduction in HIV incidence in line with the National Strategic Plan (NSP) on HIV, STIs and TB 2012 -2016. SHIPP aims to promote an enabling environment for evidence-based policy and strategy at the national and provincial levels supporting a mix of targeted HIV prevention interventions at the locality level (district, sub-district or municipality). The SHIPP team provides short, medium, and long-term technical assistance and capacitation at national, provincial, and local levels. SHIPP provides assistance to the South Africa Government (SAG) to implement combination prevention activities to strengthen the national HIV/ AIDS response.
SHIPP seeks to appoint a Senior Technical Officer (STO) – Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) to support the South Africa national AIDS Council (SANAC), based at SANAC secretariat, Pretoria.
Working closely with the National Strategic Plan Executive Manager at SANAC, the M&E Adviser, will engage various national departments and sectors in coordinating the collection, collation and reporting of HIV prevention information in keeping with the NSP. Lead the mid-term review process of the NSP. Plan and implement strategies to maximise the usage of data collected and ensure appropriate dissemination of important lessons learned. Strengthen the M&E capacity of relevant stakeholder staff.
- Develop and implement quality data, systems and reporting;
- Develop and implement programme monitoring and evaluation systems as per the NSP M&E framework;
- Regularly liaise with national departments and sectors to collect and collate HIV prevention data;
- Regularly monitor the outputs for indicators listed in the project M&E framework;
- Report on project outputs to funder and relevant stakeholders;
- Design and conduct programme evaluations;
- Conduct data quality and verification audits;
- Develop best practice documents and reports based on programme outcomes;
- Develop and conduct M&E capacity building programmes for project staff to enhance understanding and use of effective M&E tools and systems;
- Facilitate M&E skills transfer from project to stakeholder staff;
- Identify other operations research opportunities and needs arising from the projects (including surveys, project assessments etc.);
- Analyse research data, develop reports and publications;
- Ensure appropriate communication/feedback of the research findings to the stakeholders;
- Present research findings meetings.
- Master’s in public health or research related area;
- Minimum of three years developing and managing M&E systems;
- Five experience working with donor driven programmes in the South African context;
- Experience in training and capacity building;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Adaptable, willing to take initiative;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- National travelling will be required;
- Working after hours may be necessary. Being contactable after working hour;
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized and challenging environment;
- Communicate effectively with the Senior Management Team, subordinates and support staff as well as with all external stakeholders e.g.: district and sub district teams, DOH, DBE, SANAC, DPSA, donors, community, academic institutions. This list is not exhaustive;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in key South African languages is a plus.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘MONITORING & EVALUATION, SANAC’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
For more about the Futures Group, refer to www.futuresgroup.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.