Futures Group - Sexual HIV Prevention Programme (SHIPP)
Title: Programme Assistant
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Project: Sexual HIV Prevention Programme (SHIPP)
The Sexual HIV Prevention Programme (SHIPP) of South Africa is a USAID-funded flagship PEPFAR initiative to galvanise and support impactful combination sexual prevention activities in South Africa (SA). This initiative takes a multi-sectoral approach linking to the health, education and social development sectors targeting in and out-of-school-youth and sexually-active adults in order to help achieve the national target of 50% reduction in HIV incidence in line with the National Strategic Plan (NSP) on HIV, STIs and TB 2012 -2016.
SHIPP aims to promote an enabling environment for evidence-based policy and strategy at the national and provincial levels supporting a mix of targeted HIV prevention interventions at the locality level (district, sub-district or municipality). The SHIPP team provides short, medium, and long-term technical assistance and capacitation at national, provincial, and local levels. SHIPP provides assistance to the South Africa Government (SAG) to implement combination prevention activities to strengthen the national HIV/AIDS response.
The Programme Assistant will be required to provide executive administrative support to the Chief of Party and selected logistical support towards technical directorates.
Archiving the Programme Documents from the desk of the Chief of Party (COP)
- Maintain the office filing system and project-related files, documents, and database;
- Coordinate internal and external meetings;
- Other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Provide administrative support to the project management team;
- Provide desk top input in preparing progress reports, technical reports, data tables, efficient minute taking;
- Ensure that administrative documents are reviewed and approved by appropriate staff;
- Assist the receptionist with couriers’ services; this includes dispatching and receipt of documents;
- Develop and maintain the filing system – electronic and paper-based;
- Compile meeting minutes and help document programmatic activities.
Workshops and meetings support
- Coordinate project meetings, which may include internal and external participation. Schedule with all participants, prepare and distribute meeting materials, take meeting minutes, coordinate follow-up activities, etc.
- Assist the COP to coordinate internal and external meetings;
- Create and maintain an internal booking system for conference and meetings that link to executives;
- Prepare internal conference rooms for meetings and make necessary catering arrangements. Ensure that relevant materials and equipment are available in the conference rooms;
- Maintain the office calendar so that all internal office events are recorded and meeting rooms booked;
- Print and compile training manuals and materials;
- Provide administrative assistance at workshop/training venues.
- Initial preparation of expense claim forms and the organization of daily per diem allowances on behalf of the COP;
- Work closely with Travel and events Coordinator to track domestic and international travel of project staff;
- Ensure that travel arrangements are according to staff requirements.
Administrative support to SHIPP
- Provide administrative support to the Chief of Party (COP) as required;
- Coordinate internal and external meetings for COP;
- Assist COP with responding to correspondence;
- Assist with the filing, archiving and documenting of SHIPP knowledge aspects under the guidance of the Knowledge Manager and Quality Assurance Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant university or college qualification;
- Organised and able to communicate at all levels with professional ethics, confidentiality and associates professionally;
- Able to manage multiple priorities and have worked in a fast paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm;
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Professional English communication skills, including writing and proof reading skills.
All applications for this position should be submitted to SHIPPHR@futuresgroup.com
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Closing date: 14 December 2014.