Futures Group: Knowledge Manager
Futures Group Sexual HIV Prevention Programme (SHIPP)
Futures Group Sexual HIV Prevention Programme (SHIPP) seeks to appoint a Knowledge Manager, based in Pretoria.
The main function of the knowledge sharing position is to help champion organisation-wide knowledge sharing, so that the organisation's know-how, information and experience is shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organisation with clients, partners, and stakeholders. The Knowledge Manager will develop and execute the application of policies, processes and technologies to ensure that information is systematically produced, organised and made accessible to the people who need it.
- Design and implement the project’s knowledge management strategy;
- Develop and manage knowledge sharing portal, and other electronic approaches that promote information sharing;
- Assist the project leadership in the procurement of the ICT tools including software and hardware;
- Review and maintain SHIPP’s knowledge resources and recommend strategies to ensure it is centralized and accessible to staff;
- Work closely with Programme Office, Finance and Procurement and Quality Assurance Manager to put in place robust management of information;
- Design, construct and maintain in-house databases of relevant material;
- Extract and manage data on relevant research from electronic databases and other published sources using search engines, query tools and other more traditional approaches;
- Contribute to the design of databases; manage the day-to-day database activities and make sure it operates smoothly;
- Provide expertise and advise on data structures and databases that ensures correct and quality production of reports/ management information;
- Participate in the overall management and co-ordination of SHIPP’s ICT infrastructure;
- Liaise with external and international stakeholders and partners; e.g., SHIPP Partners and SAG, to obtain the relevant information for communication purposes;
- Manage the drafting content for press releases, fact sheets, campaign materials, video scripts, external publications and marketing material, etc;
- Manage consultants appointed to develop and maintain the Intranet/Website for SHIPP; coordinate and support the content management activities, ensuring quality and integrity of information published on both sites;
- Contribute to briefing and training sessions for other SHIPP staff and occasionally clients’ personnel.
- University degree in communications, ICT, business or public administration, development or related fields;
- Master’s degree will be preferred;
- Minimum of four years experience in knowledge management and communication with proven experience of successful implementation of internal and external communications activities;
- Excellent knowledge of knowledge management and communication principles, current theories and practices including sourcing and managing information online;
- Experience in capacity building, training and/or identifying needs to improve capacity;
- Experience working with USAID projects;
- Familiarity with HIV prevention, District health system and education programmes;
- Track record of success in database design and technology, and/or organisational alignment and strategy;
- Experience with Google sites and Google Docs and working knowledge of advanced Excel/Google Doc formulas;
- Comprehensive experience managing complex projects that include a number of different stakeholders;
- Experience with a variety of different data management tools and excellent research and assessment skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated experience in the ability to communicate with, engage and inspire a wide range of audiences;
- Quick learner with strong communication and critical thinking skills;
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills with demonstrated ability to think strategically;
- Strong sense of design and experience with web publishing tools and other technical.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we will only be contacting short listed candidates.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘Knowledge Manager’ in the subject line to Veronique Mestdagh at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only be contacting short listed candidates.
For more about the Futures Group, refer to www.futuresgroup.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.