Futures Group Sexual HIV Prevention Programme
The Futures Group is a trusted international development firm known for its evidence-based, integrated approach to improving the health and well-being of people.
The USAID funds the South African Sexual HIV Prevention Programme (SHIPP) which aims to boost HIV combination prevention efforts and outcomes by building the national, provincial and district leadership capacity. Key partners include the Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (WRHI), the Centre for AIDS Development, Research and Evaluation (CADRE), EngenderHealth and Futures Institute.
SHIPP seeks to appoint an HIV Prevention Training and Development Officer, based in Gauteng.
S/he will provide input into the development of training materials, coordination and implementation of training activities. Additionally, s/he will facilitate the process of capacity building of partners, community organisations and the South African Government (SAG) partners.
- Oversee the preparation and development of HIV prevention curriculum and training material;
- Ensure the quality, relevance and compliance of training material;
- Support the development of in-house training materials;
- Manage the accreditation process of SHIPP’s training material;
- Provide technical assistance, coaching, monitoring and supervision;
- Coordinate training activities among relevant stakeholders and partners;
- Ensure the training and development of community trainers and SHIPP’s staff in collaboration with training consultants;
- Ensure that trainers/facilitators deliver high quality training;
- Develop and implement a training need assessment tool;
- Maintain training records and training evaluations.
- Degree in education, health sciences, psychology, social sciences, or related fields;
- Understanding of the policy mandate on HIV prevention, health services and education;
- Experience with developing and obtaining accreditation of training material;
- Minimum of three years experience in facilitating participatory training in the health and education sectors;
- Experience in capacity building, mentoring and promoting training of HIV prevention programmes;
- Experience in developing training programmes to achieve defined goals;
- Knowledge of training principles, current theories and practices.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘HIV Prevention Training and Development Officer’ in the subject line to Veronique Mestdagh at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Futures Group, refer to www.futuresgroup.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.