Futures Group: Finance Manager
Thursday, May 3, 2012 - 21:28
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Thursday, May 31, 2012
Since 1971, Futures Group has assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programmes in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modelling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and programme management.
The Futures Group seeks to appoint a Finance Manager, based in Pretoria.
- Develop, implement, and fine-tune financial policies and procedures to ensure effective and proper control of all resources for the successful, timely, and on-target delivery of project outputs;
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of budgets, fiscal reports, and other financial procedures, in close collaboration with all project staff; s/he will employ a proactive financial capacity-building approach leading to heightened fiscal responsibility among colleagues and partners;
- Manage all the organisation’s banking and cash flow, ensuring the integrity of fiscal information in the execution of all accounting processes;
- Management of payroll and tax payments to relevant government departments; handling subcontractor, sub-grants, consultant, service provider, and other procured vendor files, invoices, and payments; and other operational/financial duties as assigned are further obligations of the position.
- Prioritise the regular (monthly) donor financial reporting requirements as dictated by contractual exigencies, and respond to all donor, partner, and Futures Group HQ queries in a consistent and timely manner;
- Play a key role in project start-up and close-out;
- Supervise the Accounts Assistant and report to the Deputy Team Leader of Operations.
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting, business management, or other related discipline;
- Successively responsible positions in project finance and/or business management;
- Minimum of five years experience in different aspects of financial management;
- Capacity to manage financial/administrative mechanisms;
- Established experience in Microsoft Excel and accounting software suites;
- Ability to regularly stand or sit, and move about the facility;
- Understanding of DFID financial rules and regulations is highly desirable.
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
Preference will be given to South African nationals.
Apply online, click here.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
For more about the Futures Group, refer to www.futuresgroup.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.