Anchor Executive Recruitment
This exciting career opportunity requires an exceptionally successful and vibrant Fundraising Manager who comes with a proven record of generating new sources of funding, as well as maintaining strong relationships with existing donors and stakeholders. The main focus is to attract financial support from major donors and philanthropic sources to support Health Projects, and to enable the client to provide education, research facilities and scientific support for health professionals within this institution. You will have held a senior position in Fundraising, where you have been able to develop the strategy, provide sound planning skills, identify new donors and grow the donor base, as well as identify opportunities for corporate sponsorship and corporate social investment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and qualifications:
- A tertiary degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication or similar;
- At least seven years of sound Fundraising and related Communications, Events and Donor Relationship management;
- Excellent Monitoring and Evaluation capacity to report on effectiveness of fundraising efforts to Donors and Trustees;
- The ability to draft funding contracts and ensure that grant terms are understood;
- The skills to plan and manage all presentations, social investment proposals and appeals;
- The ability to be part of a team, but have the drive and capacity to work alone;
- The ability to travel, have own transport, and be able to interact with overseas stakeholders as well as trustees;
- The positive attitude and drive, with good work energy, that will improve funding so as to support the fundamental work capacity and the greater needs of the organisation.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to relate well to the academic environment, and have a good understanding of the nature of educational institutions and the manner in which the funds are disseminated, and the style of donors who are involved in this type of funding.
Location: Cape Town
This is a crucial role in the organisation, and therefore the stipulated requirements will be adhered to, and only relevant senior fundraisers will be considered.
To apply, please send a CV, giving current salary level so we can assess you correctly, to firstname.lastname@example.org.