Jo'burg Child Welfare: Fundraising / Communications Manager
Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 15:04
Jo'burg Child Welfare
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, May 11, 2012
Jo'burg Child Welfare seeks to appoint a Fundraising/Communications Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will assume overall responsibility for the public relations, marketing and fundraising activities of Jo’burg Child Welfare and will manage the department on a day-to-day basis.
In conjunction with the fundraising team, the person will assume overall responsibility for meeting the fundraising target.
Jo'burg Child Welfare requires a mature and dynamic person with extensive experience and proven results in the NGO sector to head the Fundraising/Communications Department. The person must have superior proposal writing, financial computer and management skills. In order to meet the income target, the Fundraising/Communications Manager needs to operate from sound business principles and be an inspirational, confident, tenacious, organised and creative team leader.
- Relevant post-matric qualification relating to fundraising, public relations, communication, marketing and research;
- Ability to work independently and motivate the team;
- Managerial experience;
- Superior computer skills including graphics/desktop publishing software;
- Financial literacy is essential – budget compilation for department, proposals and promotions/events;
- Experience in liaising with the media is essential;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to speak in public;
- Excellent organisational, planning, administrative and time management skills;
- Ability to plan and execute a comprehensive fundraising and media strategy for the organisation and to ensure that the organisation’s image and public profile is raised;
- Ability and competence to become the spokesperson for the organisation;
- Ability to develop marketing material;
- Creativity and tenacity is essential;
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport.
To apply, submit a CV to Lyn Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicants not contacted by 25 May 2012, should consider their application unsuccessful.
For more information about Jo'burg Child Welfare, refer to www.jhbchildwelfare.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.