FUNDISA in a nonprofit organisation established to be a unified platform to pursue excellence in nursing scholarship at Universities in South Africa. The aim of FUNDISA is to promote University nursing practice, research and education in collaboration with other stakeholders. In so doing, FUNDISA aims to strengthen University education for nurses in South Africa and to represent the collective concerns of University Schools of Nursing at national and international level, in order to further the provision of quality health care.
FUNDISA seeks to appoint a Administrative Assistant, based in Pretoria.
- Support the Programme and Project Manager with all projects-related tasks;
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule and electronic filing system and database of mailing lists, vendors and other service providers;
- Support administrative and financial duties related to all aspects of project implementation;
- Arrange all necessary logistics for the activities of both projects, such as workshops, trainings e.g. book accommodation for participants, photocopy of materials, arrange transport, supply stationery;
- Maintain effective communication systems and ensure information flow between projects and relevant parties;
- Manage and regularly check project assets to ensure their right purpose of use;
- Provide support project activities as requested by the Programme Manager and/or Project Manager;
- Deal with the procurement of office consumables and other requirements related to programme activities;
- Organise projects' -related travel and assist with arrangements for meetings, conferences, symposia, workshops (including travel bookings and transfers, accommodation, venues) and preparation of cost in line with the budget;
- Assist with office reception duties;
- Any other duties as reasonable requested by supervisors and in line with organisational priorities.
- Degree or National Diploma in Business and/or Office Administration or equivalent;
- Demonstrated work experience in project and/or administrative support, including skills in financial administration and budgets;
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite);
- High-level oral and written communication, representation and liaison skills;
- Experience working in donor funded programmes will be a distinct advantage;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to relate well to the academic environment and have a good understanding of the nature of higher educational institutions and how to work with prospective and current donors.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter demonstrating the relevant experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FUNDISA reserves the right not to fill the vacancy.
For more about Fundisa, refer to www.asisa.co.za/fundisa.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT