Friends of the Children’s Hospital Association
The Friends of the Children’s Hospital Association (FOCHA), based in Rondebosch, Cape Town, is committed to helping make the hospital experience less traumatic for patients and their families. We provide emotional support as well as practical assistance.
We are looking for a mature, hands-on leader for the position of Executive Director to implement our programmes and projects. You will be responsible for delegating and building our team to achieve strategic and day-to-day operational objectives. This is a stimulating career opportunity within a well-established & reputable organisation.
As Chief Executive of FOCHA, our Executive Director’s role includes:
- Leading, managing and motivating staff and volunteers effectively, with confident communication and presentation skills in English and/or Afrikaans or isiXhosa;
- Developing, implementing and reporting on effective strategies, systems and procedures;
- Managing finances, including drawing up budgets and proposals, and controlling expenses;
- Directing and leading our fundraising activities & donor relations;
- Providing strategic input and advice to the Board on successes, challenges, policies and resolutions;
- Ensuring that policies and standards set out by the Department of Health and the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital are effectively implemented by all Friends staff and volunteers.
To secure this challenging CEO position, you will need to:
- Be an experienced, inspirational, energetic and compassionate leader;
- Have a relevant qualification with proven management and track record achievements in the NPO sector (preferably in family and childcare).
For more information:
Find out more about us at www.friendsofthechildrenshospital.org.
If you would like more information about this career opportunity, call Bill Sewell on 021 685 6559.
How to apply:
Send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are the best person for this hands-on leadership position to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Wednesday 20 March 2013.