Foundation for Human Rights
The Foundation for Human Rights (FHR), Braamfontein, Johannesburg, is a grant maker to the human rights sector. The FHR, in partnership with the Government of Flanders through the Flanders International Cooperation Agency-(FICA) has embarked on the “Participation and Development of Capabilities of Civil Society in Realising Socio-Economic Rights in South Africa” (SERSA Programme).
This Programme has five result areas: Land Reform; Support for Small-Scale Farmers, Farm Workers and Farm Dwellers; Socio-Economic Rights/Job Creation; Right to Food Security and Climate Change.
The Foundation for Human Rights seeks to appoint a Manager, for the SERSA/FICA Programme, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
This is a senior position requiring good leadership skills, initiative and ability to work under pressure. The specific responsibilities for this position are to:
- Manage the Programme;
Manage the FICA Projects which includes:
- Liaising with Grantees and Service Providers;
- Providing advice to grantees and service providers;
- Conducting site visits to inspect project activities and examine financial expenditures;
- Making follow- ups and receiving and assessing progress reports;
- Writing project review reports and making recommendations for the release of outstanding tranches;
- Trouble-shooting problems that may arise during the course of implementation of the projects.
- Prepare progress reports, and submit these to the FICA Country office in South Africa;
- Work closely with the FICA Country Office to ensure the Programme is implemented in accordance with the FICA/FHR Contract;
- Prepare Terms of Reference for the Programme evaluation;
- In collaboration with the Grants Unit, prepare contracts for grantees and service providers;
- Manage and supervise work commissioned by the Programme;
- Supervise project officers and interns working in the Programme;
- Advise the Executive Director of the FHR and the Management Committee (MANCOM) about developments that may impact the proper functioning of the Programme;
- Make regular reports to MANCOM about the work of the Programme;
- Attend and participate in meetings of MANCOM;
- Prepare Programme reports for submission to the FHR Board;
- Attend and participate in meetings of the FHR Board and in the Annual General Meetings of the FHR;
- Implement any other tasks assigned to the Manager by the Executive Director of the FHR, or by a person nominated by the Executive Director;
- Ensure that the Programme is managed in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Foundation for Human Rights, refer to www.fhr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.