Foundation for Human Rights
The Foundation for Human Rights (FHR), Braamfontein, Johannesburg, is a grant maker to the human rights sector. The FHR, in partnership with the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development, has initiated a human rights programme titled: Access to Justice and Promotion of Constitutional Rights-Strengthening Civil Society (AJPCR) Programme. The Refugees’ Programme is one of the key result areas of the AJPCR Programme. The Refugees’ programme (the Programme) supports Civil Society Organisations to assist refugees, asylum seekers and undocumented migrants (migrants) to protect their constitutional rights in South Africa; engages service providers that provide support services to migrants; supports and makes use of research and papers that focus on the rights of migrants; and supports the compilation and presentation of reports on the rights of migrants at appropriate forums.
The Foundation for Human Rights seeks to appoint a Manager for the Refugees Programme, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
This is a senior position requiring good leadership skills, initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Manage the Programme;
Manage the Refugee Projects which includes:
- Liaising with Grantees and Service Providers;
- Providing advice to grantees and service providers;
- Conducting site visits to inspect project activities and examine financial expenditures;
- Making follow- ups and receiving and assessing progress reports;
- Writing project review reports and making recommendations for the release of outstanding tranches;
- Trouble-shooting problems that may arise during the course of implementation of the projects.
- Receive and assess applications for discretionary/emergency funding, and motivate for the funding/non-funding of such applications with the Management Committee;
- Hold workshops, seminars and conferences in line with the Programme’s activity schedule;
- Prepare Terms of Reference for Programme and project evaluation, and research projects;
- In collaboration with the Grants Unit, prepare contracts for new grantees and service providers;
- Manage and supervise work commissioned by the Programme to independent consultants;
- Supervise project officers and interns working in the Programme;
- Advise the Executive Director of the FHR and the Management Committee (MANCOM) about developments that may impact the proper functioning of the Programme;
- Make regular reports to MANCOM about the work of the Programme;
- Attend and participate in meetings of MANCOM;
- Prepare Programme reports for submission to the FHR Board;
- Attend and participate in meetings of the FHR Board and in the Annual General Meetings of the FHR;
- Implement any other tasks assigned to the Manager by the Executive Director of the FHR, or by a person nominated by the Executive Director;
- Ensure that the Programme is managed in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Foundation for Human Rights, refer to www.fhr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse