Foundation for Human Rights: Manager - Refugees Programme
Monday, January 6, 2014 - 14:56
Foundation for Human Rights
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Thursday, January 16, 2014
The Foundation for Human Rights seeks to appoint a Manager for the Refugees Programme, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
This is a senior position requiring good leadership skills, initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Manage the Programme;
Manage the Refugee Projects which includes:
- Liaising with Grantees and Service Providers;
- Providing advice to grantees and service providers;
- Conducting site visits to inspect project activities and examine financial expenditures;
- Making follow- ups and receiving and assessing progress reports;
- Writing project review reports and making recommendations for the release of outstanding tranches;
- Trouble-shooting problems that may arise during the course of implementation of the projects.
- Receive and assess applications for discretionary/emergency funding, and motivate for the funding/non-funding of such applications with the Management Committee;
- Hold workshops, seminars and conferences in line with the Programme’s activity schedule;
- Prepare Terms of Reference for Programme and project evaluation, and research projects;
- In collaboration with the Grants Unit, prepare contracts for new grantees and service providers;
- Manage and supervise work commissioned by the Programme to independent consultants;
- Supervise project officers and interns working in the Programme;
- Advise the Executive Director of the FHR and the Management Committee (MANCOM) about developments that may impact the proper functioning of the Programme;
- Make regular reports to MANCOM about the work of the Programme;
- Attend and participate in meetings of MANCOM;
- Prepare Programme reports for submission to the FHR Board;
- Attend and participate in meetings of the FHR Board and in the Annual General Meetings of the FHR;
- Implement any other tasks assigned to the Manager by the Executive Director of the FHR, or by a person nominated by the Executive Director;
- Ensure that the Programme is managed in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Foundation for Human Rights, refer to www.fhr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse