FoodBank South Africa: Warehouse Manager
Monday, September 17, 2012 - 10:33
FoodBank South Africa
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Saturday, September 29, 2012
FoodBank Johannesburg (FBJHB) is a member of the FoodBank South Africa (FBSA) National Network, which was established in March 2009.
FoodBank South Africa seeks to appoint a Warehouse Manager (WM), based at FBJHB in Johannesburg.
This is an initial one-year contract position.
Responsibilities (among others):
- Responsible for the overall running of the FoodBank to ensure effective food collection, storage, and distribution, financial systems and controls, operational efficiencies and meet the needs of stakeholders;
- Primary role in the allocation and deployment of resources - personnel, equipment, and supplies, to achieve operational, strategic and tactical goals developed with FBSA.
- Good understanding of transport logistics;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office environment and standard office equipment and systems. Additionally Pastel - will be an advantage;
- Detail orientated and have strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as passion for FBSA's mission of eliminating-hunger;
- Strong management skills and experience;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Creative problem-solver with strong organisational, planning, anticipatory management skills, able to handle multiple priorities and effectively work with a diverse team;
- Previous operational warehousing experience is essential.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about FoodBank South Africa, refer to www.foodbank.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.