FHI 360 is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. We are seeking qualified candidates for a program to be based in Pretoria, South Africa, providing capacity strengthening, technical assistance & grants administration to organisations that implement HIV/AIDS programs, including support to orphans & vulnerable children (OVC).
FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) Project funded by USAID/PEPFAR plans to recruit a Technical Advisor on Data Use in Children’s Welfare in the office of the Minister of Social Development to provide technical guidance, strategic management & support to the Department of Social Development (DSD) over a period of 2 years.
The Technical Advisor will be seconded & housed at DSD and will be responsible to:
- Provide technical advice to the Minister on children’s welfare issues including HIV /AIDS that might be brought to her attention on
- evidence based approaches and methodologies;
- Advise the Minister on DSD programmes that are responsive to the needs of children including OVC to ensure quality assurance
- and improvement and compliance with relevant policies, legislation and guidelines and
- Facilitate stakeholder co-ordination and collaboration on children’s welfare including HIV and AIDS and work closely with
- government ministries and multilateral agencies within the social development sector to ensure program sustainability.
- A degree preferably in social sciences. A post graduate qualification in any of the related fields will be an added advantage;
- Prior knowledge and expertise on strategic and technical direction in relation to policy implementation and programming for
- children’s welfare issues that includes HIV and AIDS;
- Familiarity with knowledge and understanding of government system policies, practices and procedures in relation to children’s
- welfare issues that include HIV and AIDS in South Africa;
- 10 – 15 years work experience in research and epidemiology on children’s welfare issues including HIV and AIDS;
- Strong proven skills in analysing and use of data to inform technical direction;
- Experience working for a government ministry at a senior level with demonstrated strong leadership and management skills and
- Ability to work with high level government officials, donor counterparts and with civil society organisations.
Interested candidates may apply through submitting their CV/Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 20 March 2015. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.