FHI 360 - South Africa
FHI360 South Africa is a nonprofit organisation working in reproductive health and HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support.
FHI 360 seeks to appoint an Associate Director, Technical Training and Capacity Building, based in Pretoria.
- Lead the design, delivery and monitoring of technical assistance provided toward strengthening HIV/AIDS programming, in the areas of HIV prevention, treatment, care & support, OVC and BCC in both local organizations and the SAG;
- Source appropriate TA providers for building of technical quality of programs and to respond to grantee/SAG/Donor requests around technical HIV programming;
- Assess the technical programs of and develop technical assistance plans for the local organizations to support programs meeting SAG and international best practices;
- Oversee and provide vision for a technical capacity development team, ensure that the team’s efforts are coordinated and conducted in accordance with the technical assistance plan;
- Guide and monitor implementation of activities to achieve the technical goals of the project, ensuring that required inputs are in place on time;
- Report on progress made against technical assistance plans as requested;
- Represent the project on relevant technical working groups.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent in public health or a related field (significant experience in HIV prevention is necessary);
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public health, including at least four years of experience in health promotion, HIV/AIDS or TB control;
- Minimum of five years of experience in a senior technical position that involvement multi-sectorial coordination that included government;
- Experience in delivering technical assistance, assessing technical quality of programs and HIV programs management;
- Strong preference for individuals with South Africa work experience;
- Combination HIV prevention care and support;
- Orphans and vulnerable children;
- Health systems strengthening within the government sector;
- Integrating gender equity in program planning.
This is a local hire position and is open to South African citizens and non-South Africans with valid work authorisation.
A competitive salary and benefits will be provided.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Margaret Macheli at email@example.com. Indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about FHI360, refer to www.fhi360.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.