FHI 360 - South Africa
FHI360 is a nonprofit organisation working in reproductive health and HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support.
FHI 360 South Africa seeks to appoint a Project Director, based in Pretoria.
- Provide leadership and management of the BMGF - funded Disseminating Avahan Lessons project;
- Coordinate and collaborate with the South African National Department of Health, KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Department of Health, South African National AIDS Council and other government stakeholders;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to HIV/AIDS programming and specifically HIV prevention with key populations;
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams related to HIV prevention with key populations;
- Monitor and ensure that the Disseminating Avahan Lesson project is consistent with national and international standards, guidelines, protocols and best practices and are implemented with the highest feasible level of technical quality;
- Provide technical leadership on key populations programming under the Desseminating AvahanLessons project, including the design, development, planning and implementation of specific technical components of all programme activities;
- Develop and maintain close collaborative relationship with the Gates Foundation as donor as well as other national and international organisations relevant to HIV prevention with key populations including United States Agency for International Development and Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Master's degree or PhD in public health or medical degree with specialisation in HIV prevention;
- Minimum of five years of experience working in developing countries, reflecting the knowledge and skills above;
- In-depth technical and functional knowledge of HIV prevention with key populations;
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV prevention, particularly among key populations;
- Diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Negotiation skills and ability to reach agreement among peers and colleagues;
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain team work among project staff, sub-contractors and other stakeholders;
- Written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English; additional South African languages preferred;
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 25%.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about FHI360, refer to www.fhi360.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.