FHI 360 is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. We are seeking qualified candidates for a program to be based in Pretoria, South Africa, providing capacity strengthening, technical assistance & grants administration to organisations that implement HIV/AIDS programs, including support to orphans & vulnerable children (OVC).
FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) Project funded by USAID/PEPFAR plans to recruit an Early Childhood Development (ECD) Technical Advisor to provide technical guidance, strategic management & support to the Department of Social Development (DSD) in the ECD programme over a period of 2 years.
The Technical Advisor will be seconded & housed at DSD office and will be responsible to:
- Provide technical management and coordination support of the ECD programme and develop programme reports and workplans;
- Provide technical guidance and support to DSD and other ECD stakeholders in developing and/or implementing national, provincial
- and local level policies, standard operating procedures, guidelines and minimum standards for ECD services;
- Develop and implement the Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) and Knowledge Management Framework and systems to
- track impacts and outcomes on ECD;
- Identify and organize capacity building initiatives including training, coaching and mentoring for key stakeholders at national,
- provincial and district levels on the technicality and management of ECD services;
- Facilitate inter-sectoral coordination, collaboration and networking between government departments, civil society, developmental
- organisations and the private sector at all levels and
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of the research agenda to close key gaps.
- Master’s degree in education, social science or psychology or related field;
- 5-10 years’ experience in the field of ECD, OVC and HIV/AIDS;
- Demonstrated experience in managerial skills with the ability to plan, organise, coordinate and implement work inputs from several
- sources and partners;
- Prior experience in policy development and planning working with SAG;
- Proven ability in providing technical assistance and in-depth knowledge of ECD policy, legislation, services and provisions;
- At least 10 years of working experience preferably in the social development sector with at least 3-5 years of successful managerial
- experience at senior level;
- Prior experience in capacity building and training including development of curricular, training and other capacity building materials;
- Experience on planning, monitoring and evaluation of ECD projects will be an added advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to develop relationships and networks;
- Strong strategic, analytical skills, negotiation and advocacy skills and
- Excellent written and oral communication and fluency in at least one of the South African languages.
Interested candidates may apply through submitting their CV/Resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 20 March 2015. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted