FHI360 South Africa
FHI360 South Africa is a nonprofit organisation working in reproductive health and HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support.
FHI 360 South Africa seeks to appoint a Deputy Chief of Party, based in Pretoria.
NACSCAP is intended to strengthen the capacity of the South African Government SAG) to deliver a comprehensive set of nutrition interventions. It will support the country’s primary health care (PHC) reengineering by building the capacity of those working on PHC teams to deliver elements of the NACS approach. It builds on and expands FHI 360’s CAP South Africa program, which integrates PMTCT, maternal health, and infant and young child feeding (IYCF) into existing health facility and community services. Adding NACS as a major thrust under NACSCAP ensures integration of nutrition interventions into existing service provision at facility and community levels.
The Deputy Chief of Party for NACSCAP will work under the direction of the Chief of Party and in collaboration with the NACSCAP technical team. The successful candidate will provide leadership in developing management strategies and systems for achievement of all contract/program objectives on time; serve to support the COP in determining training schedules; oversee training logistics and program officer and management/administrative functions of office; train health workers and community caregivers and conduct on-site mentoring and coaching; serve as member of Senior Leadership Technical Team; directly supervise two Programme Officers and one Administrative Assistant.
- Provide leadership in developing management strategies and systems for achievement of all contract/programme objectives on time;
- Serve to support COP;
- Plan, manage and oversee management/administrative functions of the programme;
- Under direction of COP, monitors programme progress in relation to agreements, work plans, timelines, and financial projections;
- In collaboration with Chief of Party ensures that managerial, administrative, and financial procedures comply with provisions of the Cooperative Agreement, USAID regulations, and FHI 360 policies;
- Contribute to monthly financial reporting with project finance and administrative team, working closely with COP and Finance Mgr and other programme and administrative staff;
- Directly supervise two Programme Officers and one administrative associate.
- Serve as member of Senior Leadership Team;
- Provide support in collaboration with technical staff, to prepare strategies, programme work plan and monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Ensure appropriate training schedules and oversees training logistics;
- With other members of technical staff provide advocacy and technical assistance to national, provincial and district DOH to integrate maternal nutrition, IYCF and PMTCT into district plans and clinical and community services;
- Conduct training of DOH and partners in program implementation sites;
- Train Health Workers and community caregivers and conducts on-site mentoring and coaching;
- With COP, Technical Director and other training officers, help to ensure training quality; this may include staff mentoring;
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
- Degree in nursing or similar allied health degree;
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in clinical health/public health;
- Minimum of seven years of experience in maternal and child health, nutrition, and HIV and AIDS programme development and management required;
- Current knowledge of key policy and operational issues relating to HIV/AIDS nutrition, MCH, and child survival;
- Experience in strategic planning, programme design, and monitoring and evaluation required;
- Experience working for or with the South African Department of Health;
- NGO experience working as Programme Manager, Program Coordinator, Manager Trainer;
- USAID project management experience preferred;
- Leadership and decision-making ability;
- Interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills;
- Proficiency in the English language;
- Computer proficiency;
- Ability to travel.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about FHI360, refer to www.fhi360.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.