FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mic of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S states and all U.S territories.
Project Description: FHI 360 is supporting in conducting a study. The study will provide information on HIV prevalence as well as HIV incidence estimates in a prison setting. Further outcomes include assessing the risk factors for HIV transmission in prison well as using the result to make recommendations to the Department of Correctional Services (DCS) on mitigating new infection in the prison population.
This is a 3 month contract position
Voluntary Counselling and Testing
- Assessment of client coping skills and resources in pre/post counselling and to conduct pre and post counseling;
- Collection of VCT information data from clients;
- Referral of clients to resources services;
- Conduct counseling within the human rights/ethos and guidelines;
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Accurately capture and enter all relevant study orientated data from respondents at each facility into the study database provided;
- Ensure high standard of data quality through accurate timely data validation and quality assurance;
- Interact with colleagues and project management to ensure fullfillment of project objectives;
- Interact with nurses and doctors from Department of Correctional Services and FHI 360 project management staff to capture relevant subject related inormation.
- Filing and administrative duties as required;
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities;
- Processes source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving descrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution;
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes;
- Maintaind customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential and secure;
- Contributes to team effort bu accomplishing related results as needed.
Educational Requirements and Experience
- A matriculation exemption is a minimum requirement; tertiary qualification would advatageous;
- Qualification and experience in HIV/AIDS as lay counsellor;
- Basic training in HIV/AIDS, TB & STI information (counseling on HAART will be advantageous);
- Ability to speak atkeast three local languages is essential;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel, MS Word;
- Experience in data collection and capturing or collection in a health systems research environment or within the public health sector will be advantageous;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills;
- Familiarity with correctional services will be advantageous;
- The candidate must be sensitive to cultural differences as well as political, confidential and ethical issues pertaining to patient information;
- Atleast two local languages.
This study is being conducted in various sites in Gauteng.
Interested candidates may submit their resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.