FHI 360 South Africa
FHI360 is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
FHI 360 seeks to appoint a Regional Technical Project Manager.
The ISS Regional Technical Project Manager (RTPM) will provide hands on technical IT support and project delivery for the Eastern and Southern Africa Region. The RTPM will provide server and network operations support for the IT Officers throughout the region, work with the US ISS Operations team and US ISS Infrastructure team to coordinate support, project definition and delivery, roll out new technologies, equipment upgrades and advanced support activities.
National local applicants only will be considered. Targeted countries for local hire are Zambia, South African and Kenya.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first escalation point for all IT Officers in the region for advanced technical support;
- Responsible for the ownership, management and resolution of incidents or service requests escalated from IT Officers within region;
- Responsible for coordinating and leading project and technical support efforts between the IT Officers, US Support Teams, and Vendors;
- Attend regular meetings with the Manager of International ISS Operations Support and provide status updates;
- Conduct regular support activities in support of regional IT operations;
- Travel to FHI 360 Offices throughout the region to provide IT or project support;
- Identify and promote technical and operational best practices;
- Coach and mentor regional IT Officers to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with ISS project and company standards / policies;
- Partners with the International ISS Operations team to deliver projects to the region.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Must speak, read and write fluent English;
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally 20% - 30%;
- Thorough understanding of Information Technology industry practices;
- Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems;
- Experience working with multi-cultural extended teams, possessing the ability to influence team members to ensure project success;
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and interaction capabilities with all staff levels of the organisation to resolve problem situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent organisational skills and problem-solving skills;
- Strong oral and written communications skills (technical and nontechnical);
- Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with others;
- Ability to adapt and resolve problems / issues to bring project to completion;
- Telecommunications: PBX, VoIP, VSAT, voice mail, and peripheral devices;
- Server: Windows Server 2003 & 2008, Exchange 2007/2010, Active Directory, DFS;
- Desktop: Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite 2010, Office 365, Adobe, Internet Explorer, Sophos AV;
- Network: Cisco routers/switches, ASA 5505, Riverbed Steelheads, iPrism, F5 load balancers, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP;
- Education/Experience: MS/MA in a related field, with 7-9 years relevant experience; or BS/BA and 9-10 years relevant experience; or AA and 10-13 years relevant experience; or High School/GED and 13-15 years relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply kindly send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 20 March 2014.
For more about FHI 360, refer to www.fhi360.org.