FHI 360 South Africa
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
FHI 360 is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Capacity Building Manager for a 5-year, USAID-funded Capacity Building & Support (CDS) Project in South Africa. CDS is designed to support the achievement of the goals in the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Partnership Framework Implementation Plan. A key intervention area of the Capacity Development Support (CDS) programme is the strengthening of strategic information, monitoring and evaluation capacity of targeted local NGOs and South African Government (SAG) on an ongoing basis. In particular, the key role for the incumbent will be to provide capacity development support to NGOs and selected SAG units on strategic information and monitoring and evaluation systems.
The M&E Capacity Building Manager will be responsible for organising and managing the training and mentoring activities for CDS staff, implementing partners, and local counterparts. S/he will develop systems, capacity, and ownership of local partners and the timely achievement of related indicators, performance criteria, and benchmarks through customised training activities. The M&E Capacity Building Manager will work closely with the COP and other CDS Technical staff to coach local organizations, and implementing partners in gathering, analysing, and assessing data and information to measure program performance and impact.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering M&E training focused on raising the capacity of targeted local NGOs with specific emphasis on building M&E systems;
- Developing performance indicators for key project activities;
- Provide technical support for the improvement of M&E tools and systems;
- Training in the collection and capturing of performance data, analysis of data, and reporting;
- Implement and manage projects and sub-projects as they relate to the CDS project;
- Contribute towards research and development of new and innovative mechanisms of managing and reporting health, social welfare epidemiological information;
- Provide management support to FHI 360;
- Present academic and research papers at conferences (on national and international level).
- Master’s or higher university degree in relevant subject areas including statistics, economics, international development, public policy, or business administration;
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in designing and implementing capacity building projects, preferably in Southern Africa; prior experience in South Africa is preferred;
- Minimum of 6 years of proven experience implementing monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of development and maintenance of M&E systems, including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data validation and audits, and performance reporting;
- Prior utilization of Geographic Information System (GIS), web-based reporting and database management, a plus;
- Excellent facilitation and team management skills;
- Familiarity with PEPFAR MER indicators, Quality Strategy and USAID M&E reporting requirements
- Familiarity of South African development challenges, a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication and outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in any other South African languages
Interested candidates may apply through submitting their CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.