FHI 360 South Africa
FHI 360 is a global development organisation with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4 400 staff in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve-improving lives for millions.
FHI 360 South Africa seeks to appoint an Nurse Mentor - HTA Programme.
The responsibilities will include:
- Assist KZN DoH and other local partners in developing / implementing HTA services in South Africa;
- Assist health facility staff in integrating key populations services with ANC, TB, STI and other priority health services;
- Conduct and/or coordinate onsite training programmes in expanding access to key populations;
- Assist healthcare workers and service outlets in complying with national key populations standards;
- Provide ongoing mentoring to service outlet staff in improving acceptance of key populations through better integration of services, increased compliance with standards, among others;
- Work with service outlet and regional health staff to prioritise problem areas affecting key populations’ services uptake, develop and implement solutions;
- Assist district and provincial staff in improving supervision and information management of HTA services;
- Assist HTA service outlets in preparing reports and track performance against district and provincial targets.
Coordination and Collaboration
- Work with national and local-level Provincial and District managers and facility staff and other stakeholders to develop implementation strategies and work plans for increasing access to and quality of HTA programme services;
- Work with Provincial and District staff in scaling-up successful HTA programme interventions;
- Liaise with Provincial and District and other partners.
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing and/or public health, biological or health sciences or related discipline;
- Sound knowledge of the National HIV prevention, treatment and Care Programmes;
- Sound knowledge of the national health systems and major health issues;
- Good computer literacy;
- Good data management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and negotiation skills;
- Good training, coaching and facilitation skills.
To apply, interested candidates should submit applications including cover letter detailing the position being applied for and a CV demonstrating the relevant experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 January 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about FHI 360, refer to www.fhi360.org.