FHI 360 South Africa
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 South Africa seeks to appoint a Finance Associate.
This position is part of an anticipated USAID-funded project in South Africa that will provide capacity strengthening, technical assistance and grants management support to government and NGO / CBO partners to strengthen South Africa’s response to HIV and AIDS.
The Finance Associate is primarily responsible for providing accounting services to the finance team in preparing monthly reports, payments, updating financial records and maintaining filing systems.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Finance office with the development of financial reports and budget preparation as required;
- Maintain all office and project financial accounts, this includes accounts payable, checking accounts, consultants contracts, travel expenses, and all project sub-contractors and sub-grantees;
- Review financial reports of all sub-recipients on a monthly basis prior to processing payments;
- Maintain accurate and complete accounting records and financial filing Maintain and reconciliation of travel related expenses;
- Ensure all payments are done accurately and timeously;
- Primary responsible for all filing.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years working experience;
- Accounting and financial management experience in NGO;
- Knowledge of USAID rule and regulations regarding sub-grants.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply through submitting their CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 26 June 2014
For more about FHI 360, refer to www.fhi360.org.